Please complete the following question in at least 150 words:
Discuss your feelings on modern (generally art since 1900) or contemporary art (generally art since 1980) in comparison to older art historical periods. Cite a specific older artwork, or modern / contemporary artwork that will help to explain your feelings.
- Reference only artwork in the textbook
- Provide the artwork name, name of artist, and page number of the work you are referencing. Example: The Last Supper, daVinci (637)
- You must respond to at least 1 other classmate’s comments. Comment on their artwork selection / opinion with agreement. Responses to others should be at least 100 words.
- NO PLAGIARISM from the textbook or Internet resources, as this will result in zero points.
- To achieve the maximum number of points completely respond to the questions thoughtfully and academically (This means a clear and concise argument, excellent grammar, and writing has been proofread) in the required minimum number of words. Posts that do not meet the previously mentioned requirements will receive a reduction in points.
Tips for proper netiquette/ communicating online
1- Write in complete sentences and proofread!
2- Be polite and professional: Remember that tone is hard to read in text. Instead of using emojis (which are perceived as immature in an academic environment), try to be extra polite and nice in your writing. Avoid Sarcasm. No foul language.
3- Please remember that the student code of conduct applies online. Therefore, any posts with discriminatory language, or that “borrow” from another student or online source without citing will be considered inappropriate and will earn zero points.