Scenario – Conditions in the vicinity of Disaster County and Bobsville have continued to deteriorate. The NWS has issued the following tornado warning “a severe thunderstorm has developed and has produced a tornado confirmed by radar in the vicinity of Disaster County and Bobsville. A sighting by a storm chaser has confirmed the tornado is on the ground and is moving Northeast at 50 miles per hour. The tornado is estimated to be in the vicinity of Disaster County and Bobsville within the next 30 minutes. The tornado is estimated to be ¾ miles wide and is estimated to be on the level of an EF3 or EF4. It is recommended that you immediately seek shelter. If you do not have a shelter location and are in your house go to the middle of the house away from windows and protect yourself as best as you can.”
- What do you do? (Role Specific)
- What role did you play?
- What actions did you initiate (provide a minimum of 3)?
- Were there any obstacles presented?
- What was the outcome of your actions?
- How does this contribute to the overall preparedness/response effort?