What is the biggest problem facing police in the USA today?
(Please note: You are writing this from the perspective of the police department. Choose a problem in which you can locate substantial information.)Prepare an essay covering, in detail, the following:
- Detailed description of the problem.
- Why is this the #1 problem? (More important than any other at the this time.)
- Related issues.
- Explain how this does or could affect a police agency (directly/indirectly).
- Who’s responsible? (The major players.)
- What is the history of this problem?
- Is it something new or has it been a problem for a long period of time?)
- What’s been done in the past, if anything?
- Why did those efforts work or not work?
- What is the long-term strategy for addressing the issue?
- Final recommendations.
- Why should we care? (Police chiefs, citizens, government officials, etc.)
- Whatever information you believe would be of interest.
- Follow the above “Writing Assignment Protocols.”
- Your paper must be at least 4-5 pages (only). (Do not include the title page or reference page in your page count.) (Points will be deducted for not meeting [four full pages] or exceeding the page limit.)
- Your essay should be thorough, yet concise, and in your own words.
- Proofread your paper before submitting.
- You must use at least three (3) scholarly articles to support your position/findings.