For this Assignment, create a narrated PowerPoint presentation about the crime trends in your state. In a minimum of 15 PowerPoint slides (excluding the cover and references slides), addresses the following items:
- Your state’s homicide numbers from the UCR (which will include not only homicide but non negligent manslaughter) from 1990-2015 (past 25 years)
- The rates for those years
- Are the rates going up or down? That is, what are the trends?
- How does your state’s rate compare with the national rate?
- What are the causes/patterns of homicide in your state?
- Use the slide notes section in the presentation to include information that follows your narration, being sure to follow the conventions of Standard English.
- Slide content should include brief points that identify the areas that will be addressed in the narration.
- In-text citations should be included with any brief points that were researched from outside sources and the narration should fully explain the points
- Cite all sources on a separate reference slide at the end of the PowerPoint and reference each source in the body of the presentation using APA format.
- Identify the source of any pictures you use, being sure to cite them correctly in APA style using in-text citations.
- Maintain a persuasive tone by summarizing observations and evaluations for each slide.
- Ensure that your presentation is highly ordered, logical, and unified.
- Words should be clearly enunciated and professional tone should be sustained throughout the presentation narration.
- Audio recording should be free of background noise and interruptions.
For additional help with APA, visit the University Writing Center.
For assistance with embedding the audio into your PowerPoint presentation, please make use of this tutorial.
Use this website for the data