Reflect on the following in a minimum of 350 words each. (350 * 6 = 2100 Words)
1. Advantages and Nature vs. Nurture
Reflect on the makeup of an organization.
- To what degree do you think the creativity of an organization is a function of the creativity of the employees themselves, rather than the structure, routines, incentives, and culture of the organization? Provide support for your rationale.
- Share an example of an organization that you feel is particularly strong at nurturing and leveraging the creativity of its individuals. Summarize their approach.
2. Entering an Industry
Reflect on and identify factors that might make some industries harder to pioneer than others.
- Research and provide an example or reflect on your own personal experience with products you may have used. Are there any industries in which no penalty exists for late entry?
3. Technical Debt
Reflect on the impact of technical debt on an organization. Technical debt is the concept of incurred costs in software development when a limited or inefficient solution is chosen over a better development approach. As a result, additional time and costs are involved to re-work and improve the software or system. This occurs in organizations for multiple reasons, including the need to rush to market.
- What type of impacts could this decision have on the organizations developing the software or the consumers using it? What type of selection methods can be used in these organizations to prevent technical debt from occurring when making these software decisions in the future?
Reflect on the idea that collaborating on development projects with other organizations offers advantages, but it is important for firms to be strategic when making this decision.
- What elements should an organization consider when selecting a partner to collaborate with on a development project?
- Provide an example of a project that was a collaborative effort between two organizations. Summarize the collaborative project and the organizations involved. Lastly, discuss the impact collaboration had on the end result of the project.
5. Innovation in Firms
Reflect on the different types of innovation activities.
- Do certain types of innovation activities make it more likely for large firms to outperform small firms and vice versa? How can integrating DevOps practices influence these activities? Provide an example where this occurred in the marketplace, the outcome, and DevOps’s impact on the outcome.
6. Time of Entry
Reflect on how organizations strategically plan the timing of entry for their technology designs and projects. They may time the launch or implementation based on their production capacity or to take advantage of a business cycle.
- Identify an organization or design that you are familiar with that regularly exercises this practice. What is the technology design? What is the strategy for their timing of entry? How does this strategy benefit the organization?