Read: Lambert v. Barron 974 So.2d 198 in LEXIS or Nexis-Uni
[Textbook ref: Problem 5, page 361]
also at, https://caselaw.findlaw.com/la-court-of-appeal/1241354.html
Problem 5, page 361
Donald Lambert and Don Barron were friends. They had a longstanding professional relationship based on their service together on the Louisiana State Board of Licensed Contractors. Lambert was a specialist in resolving construction disputes. Barron was a commercial construction contractor, whose business was experiencing difficulty in part due to five projects that were mired in various kinds of difficulty. Lambert became concerned about his friend when he heard about Barron’s struggles and witnessed Barron’s depressed mental state. As a result, Lambert flew to Barron’s hometown to meet with Barron. Prior to the flight, one of Barron’s employees sent Lambert copies of various contracts and correspondence related to the troubled projects. After the visit, as Lambert prepared to board his flight back home, he claims that he and Barron contracted for Lambert to provide consulting services for Barron, at his customary rate of $3,100 per month for the minimum term of one year. Then, after a year passed, Lambert billed Barron for $34,000 on the alleged oral contract. Barron professed to be shocked by the bill and disclaimed any contract for extended consulting services. Rather, his business paid the first monthly invoice of $3,100, assuming that was the fee for the one-time visit and document review services. Barron claimed that Lambert had done no additional work throughout the year, and he denied ever agreeing to any additional work. The record showed that their only contact throughout the year had been initiated by Lambert. Nonetheless, Lambert sued Barron for breach of contract. Did he win?
1. Do you agree or disagree with the decision in the Lambert case. Explain by making EXPLICIT reference to any of the principles of Contract Law (say which one(s) you are using) that are in the Chapter. Please refer to at least some principles, and cite the page number that they are on, in order to receive a satisfactory score.
Unit 5 DB: What motivates us? (HRM201)
This week’s discussion is on how the compensation system influences employees’ motivation, productivity and satisfaction. Please research this subject and then cover the following in your response:
· How important is the compensation system in an employees’ productivity?
· Are there other factors that employers can do to motivate employees?
· Which is stronger – intrinsic or extrinsic motivation and why?
· What type of motivation (intrinsic or extrinsic) do you prefer and why?